Dubai is a popular destination for travelers from around the world. With its luxurious hotels, iconic skyscrapers, and world-class shopping, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Here is a travel guide to help you plan your trip to Dubai:
Best Time to Go to Dubai
Dubai experiences hot and dry weather year-round, with temperatures ranging from 70-110 degrees Fahrenheit. The best time to visit is during the cooler months of November to March, when the weather is more comfortable and less humid. However, Dubai is a popular destination anytime, and you can find great deals on hotels and flights during the summer months.
- Dubai is a Muslim city and it is important to respect local customs and traditions. This includes dressing modestly and avoiding public displays of affection.
- Alcohol is widely available in Dubai but only served in licensed restaurants, hotels, and bars geared toward tourists and expats. It is illegal to consume alcohol in most venues.
- Dubai is a very safe city, but it is still important to be aware of your surroundings and take common sense precautions such as keeping an eye on your belongings and not walking alone at night.
- The official currency in Dubai is the United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED). Check exchange rates before you travel. Credit cards are widely accepted, but having some cash on hand for smaller purchases and tips is a good idea.
- Tipping is not necessary in Dubai, but it is appreciated in the service industry. A 10-15% tip is standard in restaurants and hotels.
Dubai Safety Precautions
- Dubai is generally a very safe city, but it is always a good idea to take common sense precautions. This includes keeping an eye on your belongings, not walking alone at night, and not flaunting your valuables in public.
- Dubai has a zero-tolerance policy for drug offenses. It is important to be aware of this and not bring any illegal substances into the country.
- As in any major city, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and be alert for any potential danger.
Transportation in Dubai
- Dubai has a comprehensive public transportation system including buses, metro, and taxis. The metro is a convenient and affordable way to get around the city and has several stations throughout Dubai.
- Taxis are also readily available and are a convenient way to get around the city. It is a good idea to have the address of your destination written down in Arabic to show to the driver.
- Rental cars are also available, but it is important to be aware of local traffic laws and regulations.
Monuments to See in Dubai
The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world and offers stunning views of the city from the observation deck on the 124th floor.
The Dubai Mall is one of the largest shopping malls in the world and offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
The Palm Jumeirah is an artificial island in the shape of a palm tree and is home to several luxury hotels and residential properties.
The Dubai Fountain is a stunning water and light show that takes place at the base of the Burj Khalifa.
The Dubai Museum is located in the Al Fahidi Fort and offers a fascinating look at the history and culture of Dubai.
Dubai is a vibrant and exciting destination with something for everyone. Whether you are looking for luxury shopping, world-class dining, or stunning natural beauty, Dubai has it all. By following these tips and taking common sense precautions, you can have a safe and enjoyable trip to this amazing city.